Tuesday 21 February 2012

Kang Kang Lay is now speaking fluently in sentences

His first long sentence was "Alvin ႀကည့္ျခင္လို႔ပါ". He's a fan of "Alvin & chipmunks". He has a butt of Theodore, wits of Alvin and smart but shy act of Simon. Haha.

Later on, he said "Marney ကိုခ်စ္တယ္, Daddy ကိုခ်စ္တယ္, ဖြားဖြား ဖိုးဖိုး ဦးဦး တီတီ မမ ကိုခ်စ္တယ္"

I worried that my son would delay in speech because I read that most bilingual kids takes more time to start speaking up in long sentences. Partly might be due to many family members at home talking to him everyday. On weekdays, my mum & helper talk to him in Burmese...well they are quite talkative :D That's why he's more fluent in Burmese right now. Actually only Mummy is speaking to him in English persistently everyday but I can communicate with him only after work and during weekends. I let him learn English from educational DVD and cartoons which I still think it's effective as well.

We are being amazed by his speeches everyday. We sometimes don't know where and when and how he learnt new sentences like "လ်ွာထိပ္မွာ ကပ္ေနတယ္", "ဦးဦးရယ္လာပါေတာ့ Dance ခ်င္လို႔ပါ". We didn't say such things in front of him before.

He understands simple English instructions very well and speaks short sentences sometimes such as "don't want, don't bite, drink milk/ soup/ water, see you, take care, etc." He yesterday told my father "Wait ya, ok?" showing "ok" sign with his fingers. Cute sia!

No comments:

Post a Comment